RE: COVID 19 UPDATE December 10, 2020
On December 8th, the province of Alberta announced stronger mandatory public health measures in response to the continued spread of COVID-19. A full overview of these measures can be accessed here. Alberta remains in a state of public health emergency.
Effective December 13th, most businesses/facilities are mandated to close, or are required to operate at a very restricted capacity. Employees are also required to work remotely when possible. As result, the EVRC Clubhouse will continue to remain closed, with staff working remotely for the duration of these mandatory measures.
In addition, the following mandatory restrictions are also in effect and will be in place for at least four weeks:
- All indoor and outdoor social gatherings – public and private – are prohibited
- Close contacts are limited to household members only
- Outdoor group physical activity, including team sports, must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
- members of different households must maintain 2 metre distancing at all times
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces
What else you should do:
Albertans must continue following existing public health measures to keep everyone safe:
- Stay 2 metres apart when you can, wear a mask when you can’t
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
- Monitor your symptoms every day
- If sick, stay home, get tested, and follow mandatory isolation requirements while waiting for results:
- if positive, isolate from others for 10 days or until symptoms are gone, whichever is longer
- if negative, stay home until you’re better
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Get the flu shot to keep influenza cases low so health workers can focus on the COVID-19 pandemic
- Download and use the ABTraceTogether contact tracing app when out in public
Stay safe and stay well.