Permit and casual burning in the County is currently banned due to dry/windy conditions.
Permit burning in the County is banned due to dry/windy conditions. All outstanding burning and fireworks permits are suspended until further notice.
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Propane/natural gas barbecues
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Wood pellet grills
- Recreational camp fires (in approved burn pits 24″ diameter or less)
- Fires contained within facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
Any person who ignites, fuels, supervises, maintains or permits an outdoor fire within the municipal boundaries of Rocky View County during a fire ban can be fined $1,000. Should the fire get out of control and emergency fire response is required, the person responsible for the fire can be charged the full firefighting costs. For further information, visit https://www.rockyview.ca/fire-bans#